The Mail Online & Sky News have both reported the following…
Supermarket giant Asda today recalled scores of paper shredders after customers complained they were getting electric shocks.
Vickie North, a spokeswoman for Asda, said they were recalling the product, which sold for £19.97, as a precaution.
She said: ‘A handful of customers experienced a small shock but there have been no injuries.
‘This is not potentially fatal and is not causing injuries, it is more of a precaution.’
Ms North said she did not know how many shredders had been sold in the six months they were available but added: ‘I assume it has had a reasonable amount of sales.’
A statement from the supermarket said: ‘We have become aware of a potential safety issue with this paper shredder.
‘Testing shows there may be a fault in the plug that could cause an electric shock.
‘If you have bought this shredder, please could you stop using it immediately and return it to your nearest Asda store for a full refund.
‘Of course, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause’ said an Asda spokesman. Customers requiring further information are told to call their Customer Relations number – 0500 100 055.